The Center for environmental research and information Eko-svest, as part of the project Communities Communicating Climate Change, implemented by Eko-svest, CNVP Macedonia and Ecologists movement of Macedonia and funded by the European Union, is seeking a trainer for the preparation and performing of a climate journalism workshop aimed at working journalists, bloggers and young writers.
Objectives of the activity
There is very little knowledge about climate issues among general population and there is an increasing need to inform and educate citizens in N.Macedonia about climate change and raise awareness about human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning. To achieve this we need more quality content on these issues in national media.
• Create a curriculum for an online course and workshop on climate change reporting
• Train interested working journalists, bloggers and young writers on writing and reporting about climate change
Responsibilities of trainer
• Prepare a curriculum on climate journalism
• Prepare a visual toolkit on climate journalism (to be used for online climate course)
• Record a 15min video explanation on climate journalism
• Organize a three day online training for interested working journalists, bloggers and young writers
Topics covered during the training but not restricted to:
• Climate Change science and policies (where to find the information)
• Writing articles about climate change
• Reporting about relevant international and national events
• Tools for climate journalists
• How to pitch an article on climate
Timeframe and contract value
Duration of training will be 3 (three) days and take place between 14th and 18th September 2020 as an online webinar. First draft of curricula and materials for the training should be complete by 04th September 2020 at the latest. Final curricula and materials for the training should be complete by 11th September 2020.
Contract value cannot exceed 888 EUR, gross amount. The project is VAT excluded.
The successful applicants must meet all of the selection criteria below
- At least 3 (three) years of proven experience in journalism, climate change, environment, sustainable development;
- A university degree in communications, climate change science, environment, sustainable development or social sciences;
- Strong training background;
- Working with CSOs is an asset;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Proven experience in working with different stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with project team.
Evaluation of applications
The evaluation commission will only inform selected candidate. Candidates will be evaluated based on:
• Previous experience, 40pt
• Workshop outline, 40pt
• Financial offer, 20pt
Total of 100pt.
Selected candidates will be informed and contract signed no later than 21st August 2020.
Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16:00 CEST on August 14th 2020.
The email subject line should say: Application for trainer for training on climate journalism
The application must include the following:
• CV in English or Macedonian;
• A one-page cover letter in English or Macedonian, which provides concrete examples of how the applicant’s experience and skills meet the assignment;
• A short outline of the Workshop’s Agenda and structure;
• Financial offer