The Center for environmental research and information Eko-svest, as part of the project Communities Communicating Climate Change, implemented by Eko-svest, CNVP Macedonia and Ecologists movement of Macedonia and funded by the European Union, is seeking a trainer for the preparation and performing of a climate justice workshop aimed at CSO representatives.
Objectives of the activity
While knowledge on climate change is increasing in N. Macedonia, climate justice remains a concept that is still difficult to grasp even among CSO representatives. CSOs need to learn more about this concept in order to spread awareness among general population and thus incite action related to climate justice.
- Create a curriculum for an online course and workshop on climate justice
- Train interested CSO representatives on climate justice issues
Responsibilities of trainer
- Prepare a curriculum on climate justice
- Prepare a visual toolkit on climate justice (to be used for online climate course)
- Record a 15min video explanation on climate justice with interactive quiz
- Organize a three-day online training for CSO representatives.
Topics covered during the training but not restricted to:
- Relation between climate change and justice
- Environmental and social justice
- Human rights, equality and collective rights in the context of climate
- Historical responsibilities for climate change
Timeframe and contract value
Duration of training will be 3 (three) days and will take place between 14th and 18th September 2020 as an online webinar. First draft of curricula and materials for the training should be complete by 4th September 2020 at the latest, finished curricula and materials should be complete by 11th September at the latest.
Contract value cannot exceed 900 EUR gross amount. The project is VAT excluded.
The successful applicants must meet all of the selection criteria below
– At least 3 (three) years of proven experience in working on climate justice, climate change, environmental issues and justice and/or human rights;
– A university degree in law, climate change science, environment, sustainable development or social sciences;
– Strong training background;
– Working with CSOs is a must;
– Excellent communication and presentation skills;
– Proven experience in working with different stakeholders;
– Ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with project team.
Evaluation of applications
The evaluation commission will only inform selected candidate. Candidates will be evaluated based on:
- Previous experience, 40pt
- Workshop outline, 40pt
- Financial offer, 20pt
Total of 100pt.
Selected candidates will be informed and contract signed no later than 21st of August 2020.
Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16:00 CEST on August 14th 2020.
The email subject line should say: Application for trainer for training on climate justice
The application must include the following:
- CV in English or Macedonian;
- A one-page cover letter in English or Macedonian, which provides concrete examples of how the applicant’s experience and skills meet the assignment;
- A short outline of the Workshop’s Agenda and structure;
- Financial offer